In 2012, this major operator involved the main Service Providers capable of ensuring a comprehensive approach, and issued a call for tenders for the construction of an innovative solution for Unified Communication & Collaboration.
Specifically, this tender was meant to renew its UC&C infrastructure, consisting of:
- an IP Centrex solution to ensure basic telephone services over a PSTN connection to the majority of employees
- a PBX solution in Siemens technology (IP and TDM)
- a proprietor collaboration client providing IP telephony services on PC, presence, and instant messaging
With competitive prices and full compliance with the requirements, Italtel won the international tender.
In its first phase, the project consisted of commissioning, within the operator network, a Cisco UC&C solution, which the employees of the company -operator’s customer- could access through Cisco WebEx Connect (on Windows PCs) clients (WCC).
The Cisco UC solution has been integrated with the existing voice solution using a SIP Trunk connection.
After the first phase of the activity, Italtel and the operator won a subsequent call for bids from the company and they were awarded:
- upgrading of the infrastructure, by providing the HCS release update
- replacing WebEx Connect with Jabber enabling video communication service and the ability to install the client on smartphones and tablets as well
- commissioning 70 videoconference stations
- switching off the previous Broadsoft solution
- integrating the WebEx meeting service, made available to all employees of the enterprise.
This project was the beginning of a relationship that has been reconfirming over time.