A New Era of City Services on 5G
Registration is Open!
Exprivia | Italtel is part of the jury.
The 5GCity Consortium has organized in Lucca at the suggestive location of Real Collegio, its 2nd 5GCity Hackathon. The 5GCity project focuses on live demonstration of 5G services in three cities already going through digital transformation: Bristol, Barcelona, Lucca. Through the 5G management and orchestration platform and a powerful Service Development Kit (SDK) the consortium offered access to a rich set of primitive functions for network and vertical application services which can be used to programme connectivity with QoS, media acquisition and transcoding, traffic monitoring in the new NFV infrastructures for 5G.
5GCity 2nd HACKATHON
5GCity Hackathon will demonstrate, in operational conditions, a distributed cloud and radio platform for municipalities and infrastructure owners acting as 5G neutral hosts. The platform enables to turn a city-infrastructure into a distributed and multi-tenant edge infrastructure by relying on the 5GCity orchestration platform, based on OSM, to manage and orchestrate (NFV + MEC) end-to-end services and creating programmable and on demand network slices.
- Virtual Reality applications for Digital Tourism (e.g. in Museums, Theatres, Monuments Sightseeing)
- Prevent vandalism and graffiti on city monuments
- Participatory and Collaborative Media Journalism
- eHealth for reduced pollution, eco-routing, etc.
- For further information, download the press release!