i-TDS can be also configured providing User Profile Server Function (UPSF) functionalities in an NGN environment.
So i-TDS has been designed to supply all the necessary features to manage this migration process, in compliancy with 3GPP standards.
i-TDS is a future-proof software framework with a distributed common database both for users in fixed and mobile IP networks. This architecture leverages the possibility to deploy soon the common DB repository building up the proper Front-End functionalities when it is needed, managing properly the investments during the network expansion.
Additionally, i-TDS is a virtual appliance, able to run over whatever Data Center using the best in class virtualization software. Finally, i-TDS is a very appealing product:
- protecting investments done in existing mobile and fixed networks for voice, SMS services and legacy packet services providing the full set of functionalities when it is configured as HSS-HLR
- enabling multiple deployment options including bare-metal architecture (ATCA based) till to virtualization over Cloud, fulfilling all the requirements of the Network Function Virtualization (NFV) specifications
The HSS configuration enables the following main features:
- identity and authentication management
- support for 3GPP LTE and IMS interfaces
- support for Voice over LTE (VoLTE/ViLTE) profile according to GSMA IR.92/94
- WLAN/3G interoperability
- HLR functionalities for 2G/3G users integration with 2G/3G external HLR for authentication functionality
- UPSF functionality for NGN users
i-TDS is deployable in High Availability (in the same site) and in Geographical Redundancy (in case of one site unavailability) activating two-way asynchronous replica between the two databases. In this configuration, it is possible to configure both active-standby and active-active scenarios. The latter allows turning on a load sharing access between the two different databases.