IP networks at the heart of digital transformation
The continuous growth of traffic based on IP protocol, the great diffusion of applications and mobile devices for the new forms of hybrid work and leisure, access to services in Multi-Cloud logic, the growing achievements in the Internet of Things and 5G implementations show how much IP networks are changing and how relevant they are in the digital transformation process that involves both people and companies.
Telco Providers, large companies and public administrations are increasingly committed to realizing a real Digital Network Transformation, facilitated by the consolidation of technologies such as NFV and SDN, which make it possible to make networks flexible and able to adapt to continuous changes and the progressive adoption of Analytics and Automation solutions for network configuration and management.
Italtel’s offer for IP networks
Italtel has always been committed to creating secure and reliable network infrastructures for telco operators and large public and private companies. Its proven experience, documented by numerous references, make it an ideal partner to support the evolution of its networks according to the most innovative logic.
Italtel offers a variety of solutions.
- Fixed network architectures for Service Providers according to the access, aggregation and core scheme: converging IP/Optical networks, ROADM (Reconfigurable Optical Add Drop Multiplexer), DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing) transceivers, IP – DWDM related dynamic control plan
- Solutions for businesses with converged wired/wireless LAN architectures: new generation switches, access points and controllers which, thanks to the integration with authentication and network access services, allow the creation of numerous logical networks on the same physical infrastructure, governed by appropriate traffic segmentation policies
- Internal data center networking solutions: in particular, software defined networking solutions that allow simplified management of modern data centers and guarantee agility in the release of new services
- Geographical connections for companies: to be able to benefit from multiple links based on different technologies (i.e. Internet, MPLS, LTE,..) and sometimes distributed over multiple operators, SDWAN solutions guarantee secure access also on the Internet, direct branch to cloud connections with resulting offload of the most valuable connections. Specifically, the SD-WAN enables a secure and effective connection to cloud services (both SaaS and IaaS), creating a real extension of the private network to the public cloud and enabling faster adoption of hybrid models
- Traffic analysis solutions (Deep Packet Inspection) that can feed any corrective actions on the network to preserve security or to ensure the appropriate quality of application flows.
Italtel works in collaboration with market leaders for all technologies, in particular with Cisco which, thanks to its open and programmable platforms, has allowed the development of a proprietary policy engine capable of combining business needs and information from the network to orchestrate automated actions.
Towards the Intent Based Networking
IBN networks also enable “Smart Operation”, i.e. the ability to automate the workflows of operation activities and to quickly trigger fault management and resolution processes involving the orchestration systems that are capable of acting on multiple levels of the network.Briefly, a significant reduction in the network management costs together with the application of new business models and the increase of competitiveness on services offered both to internal users and to business or residential end customers are the main results of the evolution of the network in an Intent Based Networking logic, governed by Smart Operation processes.
In this digital transformation process, wireless accesses are becoming so far the most popular. Businesses are increasingly relying on Wi-Fi (especially Wi-Fi 6) which has evolved to be highly integrated with the fixed network infrastructure. In some industrial scenarios, experiments with 5G access are already underway.
For the geographical connections among the different offices and between the offices and the Data Center, more and more reliance is placed on internet connections compared to MPLS solutions, thanks also to the spread of SD-WAN technology, a true point of connection between companies and operators. Through the SD-WAN it is also possible to enable secure access to Multi Cloud services, creating a virtual extension of the corporate network up to the Cloud Providers.
The mobility offered by the pervasiveness of wireless networks (Wi-Fi/LTE and 5G) and the accessibility guaranteed by the use of Multi-Cloud together enable an increase in productivity, a streamlining of business processes and an optimization of infrastructure costs.