Ultrabroadband (UBB) communication infrastructures are more than ever the primary enabler for digital transformation and the competitiveness of of Italy
Ultra Broadband communication infrastructures are a primary enabler for the digital transformation and competitiveness of each country’s system.
Diffusion on the territory increasingly affects the quality of life of citizens and the overall economic productivity, meeting the needs of companies in the logic of hybrid work or Industry 4.0 themes and is increasingly decisive for the modernization of services and processes of public administration, from training to telemedicine, to think of as powerful tools for accelerating production, social inclusion and environmental sustainability.
Italtel offers the following services:
- Final planning and executive design of FTTH (Fiber To The Home) infrastructure
- drafting of requests and obtaining permits for excavation and installation of optical cabinets at public and private bodies
- radio design and civil design of wireless access networks (for example FWA – Fixed Wireless Access networks) and mobile networks nationwide
- cost/benefit analysis for the development of DAS infrastructures and private networks: drive tests, preliminary design and cost estimates
- executive design of DAS 4G / 5G covers in single and multi-operator mode
- professional services of Works Management and Security Coordination
- System Integration: vRAN integration in a multivendor and multi-operator perspective, technological migration, IoT and certification
- Edge Computing: development and optimization of MEC (Mobile Edge Computing) solutions on proprietary and third-party technology
- Lifecycle Management: after sales services, SPOC (Single Point Of Contact), TAC (Technical Assistance Center), inventory management.
5G is an integral part of the Ultrabroadband infrastructure and an essential tool for reaching users, from citizens to factories, with the capillarity that is needed to spread the new services that are transforming the Economy
Italtel is committed on the front line in the development of 5G networks:the great effort that will be required for the installation of the hundreds of thousands of new small antennas, the DAS (Distributed Antenna System), and the millions of kilometers of fiber optics that will connect them to the rest of the network, will have to bring out new models of sharing and competition among all the actors involved.
The role of the so-called “Neutral Host”, an emerging subject supporting Telcos, both as a commercial broker to new markets, and as a contact person for those who manage public spaces (think aboutsmart cities) or private (such as a stadium or a shopping center), represents a central hub for 5G sustainability. Moreover, Neutral Host is the subject of numerous European research projects including 5GCity, in which Italtel is directly involved.
Italtel has also promoted, in the Carini industrial plant (near Palermo), a research and development program aimed at the design and creation of software products for the edge, service and virtualization levels of ultrabroadband networks.