IoT for Telemedicine
Thanks to the Internet of Things (IoT), network-connected medical devices can help track the results of medical therapies and improve the quality of life in general, while paying the necessary attention to privacy and security. In response to the significant evolution of the communication landscape across multiple kinds of networks and devices, Italtel expanded its vision and strategy to address IoT and Medical challenges. Italtel has recently focused its efforts on healthcare-applied technologies, offering both its valuable skills as a System Integrator to build sustainable, efficient and safe infrastructures for transporting data from the world of things and developing its own e-health solution – DoctorLINK – for continuous assistance.
DoctorLINK meets the challenge of the new Digital Health that focuses on the patient by guaranteeing continuous services that improve quality of life and, at the same time, help to contain the costs of the local health authorities and hospitals through the dehospitalization of the patient.DoctorLINK is the Telemedicine platform that hosts the set of solutions and services for Teleconsulting, Telereporting, Telepresence and Telemonitoring to support all operators involved in the care and monitoring of the patient at home.DoctorLINK radically changes the approach to patient’s home care by providing the technological infrastructure and all the services necessary for the complete and integrated management of all the care-giving processes and services, available and usable by any device:
- Remote monitoring
- Telemedicine and Teleconsulting
- Monitoring of drugs supply
- Reporting and filing systems
- Patient’s medical history in electronic folders
The remarkable configurability and openness of DoctorLINK provides many customization and expansion possibilities, making it easier to meet specific customer needs.
DoctorLINK is a “platform” that can adapt to a wide variety of possible healthcare uses, depending on the different pathologies and treatment stages in which can be employed.
DoctorLINK is “open” in the sense that, thanks to iHL7 standard, not only Italtel but also other ICTs can work to create specific healthcare solutions, adapting its features and interfaces to the specific context of each care provider.
More concretely, DoctorLINK is an open IoT & RTC healthcare platform, delivered as a managed service.
Great attention is dedicated to the user experience and ergonomics to ensure ease of use.
DoctorLINK can be integrated with information technology systems available at healthcare facilities without the need to install a dedicated data network.
The healthcare facility does not need to buy specific hardware.
Combining the technological innovation of real-time communication of people (WebRTC) and things (Internet of Things), DoctorLINK is a clear example of contextual communication.
DoctorLINK is organized in three software components:
- Tablet app for patients – It provides patient-oriented features such as the ability to make audio/video calls, communicate with the health facility, request answers to diagnostic questions
- Desktop app designed for healthcare specialists – It includes several customization options, offering different features according to its users’ roles and profiles. For instance, you can configure which features are available from the “control center” and which are intended for “departmental workers” (nurses, doctors…)
- Audio/video/text communication app with queue and routing management – This component allows the platform to manage the workflow of calls, queues, waiting times, routing and all issues relating to communication
DoctorLINK is organized in two software components:
Desktop application Intended for operators of the health facility or Service Center
- It allows the control of the clinical status of patients and the setting of defined treatment plans
- It allows you to carry out virtual medical examinations, with real-time HD communications
- It makes available sets of distinct functionalities according to the roles and profiles of the users
Tablet / Smartphone application intended for patients
- HD audio / video communications with the healthcare facility
- Communication with the devices and health sensors provided to the patient (pulse oximeter, ECG, etc.), the measurements of which are then sent by the application itself to the health personnel through a communication on a 4G / 5G mobile network.
Italtel integrates Smart Track’s ManDown solution as an extension of DoctorLink.
The Smart Track WeTAG sensors verify in real time and in the de-hospitalization phase the “man down” condition through a platform inside the WeTAG, adding to the patient’s vital parameters the detection of any accidental fall in domestic environment.
Request a demo